Our beautiful Family

Our beautiful Family

Sunday, December 12, 2010

First night with our Ella

After everyone left yesterday we ordered some room service becaue Ella hadnt eaten since 11am and it was 630 so I ordered  some dumplings and rice.  Edward was so tired he laid down to nap.  I decided to give Ella a bath while we waited for the food.  She still had said any words....just a few smiles here and there.  I gave her a bath and she loved it.  Lots of smiles still no talking.  We got her ballarina pjs on her...that are too big at size 4t and she suddenly came alive...giggling and running around. I thought wow...that was quick.  But not to fast mama.....the food came and I'm not sure if when she heard the door knock she thought they were coming back for her....well she just started crying so so loud and hard.  I rocked her, held her...nothing worked.  I then put her on the potty for a bit...where she still kept crying....she had a large loose stool.....I couldnt tell if she wasnt feeling well, was scared or what.  She seemed to calm a bit and drank a juice box.  Then she started again...and this time I could tell she was just scared.  It was her first night in her life she hadnt been in the orphanage.  She calmed and slept with me.  I could see her big brown eyes staring at me and then she fell asleep. She is still asleep...while I am skyping with Ed....she is talking in her sleep.  We dont understand what she is saying but she is definately telling someone something to do.  It is the first we have heard her talk.  They say that at the orphanage she was bossy to the kids.  :)
 
Today we will go finish the adoption papers and then maybe come back and try out the swimming pool.  I will try and post pictures.

 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet Ella!!!!!

    Love,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son was 4-1/2 at adoption and hardly ever spoke except to tell us that he had to go to the bathroom. He cried a lot in the first 24 hours, but otherwise he would giggle a lot, was very playful, got nervous if we were leaving the room and I suggested leaving his backpack behind. A lot of adopted children will never speak until they learn to speak some of your language. So except for a tune that he would sing, about the only Mandarin word he used was the one to tell us that he had to go to the bathroom. It sounded like sonYAY.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete