Our beautiful Family

Our beautiful Family

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our last day out in Nanchang

We spent our daughters last day in her birth province yesterday.  We went to the beautiful pavillion which is amazing.  It was built by the emperors brothers and its breath taking.  Then we went to the flea market which is crazy in it self.  So much fun though. Usually Ed does the bargaining but I did pretty well for myself....Edward was impressed.  We got Ella two pairs of shoes that fit....she is just so small.  She did fabulous with all the crowds.  She wouldnt let me out of her sight...which makes my heart smile!! She also said "Mama" which brought tears to my eyes.  She still isnt talking....but she is starting to understand what I say to her.  She speaks a language (local dialect) and doesnt understand mandarin either....so it has to be tough. She did talk in her sleep again last night!!   Shee is doing really really well!!  She had her first McDonalds....and loved it!! She loves peanut butter and jelly crustables that I brought from home!! I also weighed her and she only weighs 26.5 lbs.  We are going to fatten her up!!!
While at the pavillion and shopping we got lots of stares.....our guide says that everyone ask if she is my daughter and they get upset thinking that someone could give up such a beautiful child.  But she says they are usually happy that she is going to the United States.....So am I!!
We are so ready for Ed and Evan...just a few more days.  Today we will fly to Guangzhou!  It will be Ellas first time on an airplane...i am sure she will do great....she is such a good girl. She has been full of giggles and smiles....and she learned to give kisses!!  It makes me sad though that she didnt know how to give kisses!!! We will make up for that!! When I ask her where bubba is...she looks at the computer....she is going to wrap him right around her finger.  Cant wait!!  So next time I post...we will be in Guangzhou.....on step closer to home!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow,
    Your time is really flying by!

    I don't think you'll see Chinese people kissing-not blowing kisses or kissing publicly.

    Enjoy your last day there and the flight to Guangzhou.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete